How To File A Premises Liability Claim? : Getting The Compensation You Deserve
Share This Post
In hotels, it’s common for both workers and guests to get hurt. The injury could have happened because the equipment did not get loaded correctly. Someone slipped and fell, or because another guest attacked them. You can also get hurt in a hotel by getting an electric shock, sick from the bacteria in the hotel pool, or ill from the food. The owners of hotels are responsible for keeping their employees and guests safe and secure on the property. If this isn’t handled correctly, both parties could suffer severe financial consequences.
The number of hotel injury claims has been going up steadily. Nearly a quarter more injury claims have been filed in the last two years.
According to data from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration and the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), almost 6,000 injuries in hotels in 2016. Unfortunately, California only accounts for 2,000 injuries in those reports. The injuries can range from superficial bruises to ones that could kill you.
Some of the most common hotel injuries are:
- Falls account for 22% of all injuries.
- Slips and falls cause 18% of all injuries.
- 15 %of all accidents are caused by water.
- Fires cause 8% of all injuries.
- 7 % of all accidents happen while cleaning.
- Electric shocks cause 3 % of all injuries.
- Finally, 2 % of all injuries are caused by breathing in smoke.
It’s hard to file a claim against an injury caused on someone else’s property. It can also be hard to figure out what caused your damage. In the same way, it’s not easy to show the insurance company that you deserve compensation. But you don’t have to go through this complex process alone.
To make filing the claim easier, you can hire a Personal Injury Attorney. Write down what happened before you got hurt and take pictures of anything that might be important. If you need help from a lawyer, you can appoint a Personal Injury lawyer at Oracle.
Things To Know Before Putting In A Claim
You need to do a few things to file a claim for an injury you got at a hotel.
1) First, call the hotel’s front desk and tell them you hurt yourself.
2) Then, call your insurance company or a travel agent who works independently. Lastly, call the police if you can’t reach your insurance company or travel agent.
3) It’s essential to write down what happened as soon as possible and keep a detailed record of all injuries and losses. Make sure to take pictures, videos, or notes of what happened and make copies of any paperwork related to the injury.
How To File A Premises Liability Claim?
- If you’re not sure if you have a good case for a personal injury claim, you can check with our experienced Premises Liability lawyers at Oracle.
- As we’ve seen, if you get hurt while staying or visiting a hotel, you can earn money for it. You might be able to sue the hotel if they didn’t take care of you as well as they should have.
- Please fill out the proper forms and turn them in as evidence to start a claim. For your case to be valid, you must show that the hotel was careless, committed fraud, or did something else wrong.
- Look for signs that the hotel didn’t follow their rules, like locking the fire exits or ignoring requests to put out wet floor signs. These details can be considered as potential evidence.
- File a claim with the help of your attorney. Seek trial if necessary.
Why Do You Need A Personal/Premises Liability Lawyer?
It’s never fun to deal with injuries at a hotel. If you were hurt on vacation and need to file a claim for damages, it’s essential to know how the process works, so you don’t get caught off guard.
Most of the time, injured people need a lawyer to get the money they deserve to settle for their injuries. For example, people who have been hurt in a car accident, dog bite, or slipping and falling can get help from personal injury lawyers. In addition, a good premises liability lawyer will have experience with cases like yours, be familiar with the rules in your state, and know the laws that apply to your claim.
You should know your rights if you get hurt at a hotel before filing a claim. As you can see from this article, you may be able to get compensation for your suffering if the hotel was negligent. Visit us now at Oracle Personal Injury Firm to find out more about how we can help you with your claim or questions. Call our Premises Liability Lawyers at 888.928.4122 to set up a free consultation and find out your options.